City of Port Jervis
Request for Proposal (RFP) – Engineering Services
Jersey Ave. Sewer Repair Project
The City of Port Jervis is requesting proposals for Engineering Services for the Office of Community Renew (OCR) NYS CDBG Project #938PR42-14. Responses to the request will be accepted until2:00 p.m., July 16, 2015 at the Port Jervis City Clerk-Treasurer’s office, 20 Hammond St., Port Jervis, NY 12771. Please mark on the outside of the envelope, “Response to Engineering Design Services RFQ – Jersey Ave. Sewer Repair Project.” Respondents are required to submit 1 original and 4 copies of their proposals.
This project comprises the replacement of aged and failing 18” mainly vitrified clay sewer lines within the City’s street R.O.W. starting at a manhole on Jersey Ave., near Wagner Place, turn on Owen St., turn on Hammond St. and to the intersection at Hammond St. and Pennsylvania Ave. The project is being undertaken by the City of Port Jervis and the construction will be publically bid. The project budget is $620,866.90 including engineering, construction and administrative costs.
The City intends to award engineering services contracts after a satisfactory interview process and proceed immediately with project design and implementation. All work is scheduled to be completed by December 18, 2016.
The City is seeking engineering services which include design, bid/award assistance, construction administration and construction inspection. The engineering report, a map of the specific project location, supporting pictures and an outline for required engineering services are available on the City’s website at www.portjervisny.org/news/jersey-avenue-sewer-line-replacement/ .
If there are any questions in regards to this proposal or those interested in a site visit may view the street via public access or contact John (Jack) Farr, Director of Public Works, at the Port Jervis DPW office at 845-858-4001.
Proposals shall include, and will be evaluated based upon, the following items/criteria and numerical point values.
- Successful provision of engineering services for similar projects 40 points
- Ability to provide comprehensive scope of services 30 points
- Availability of services as per program schedule 15 points
- Ability to maintain budgeted cost for engineering services 15 points
Total 100 points
The City of Port Jervis reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted. All costs related to preparation of the proposal shall be borne by the proposer. Minority and women business enterprises (MBE and WBE) and Section 3 business concerns are encouraged to respond.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
City of Port Jervis
Administration Services for the
FY2014 NYS CDBG Program
- Introduction & Invitation
The City of Port Jervis is seeking a qualified consultant to provide administrative services for the FY2014 New York State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The City of Port Jervis was awarded $590,866.90 in Small Cities CDBG funds to undertake a public infrastructure project, specifically the replacement of sewer on Jersey Ave by Wagner Place, to Owen St., to Hammond Street, to the intersection of Hammond and Pennsylvania that serves as an integral part of the city’s sanitary sewer system. The project consists of $590,866.90 in program funds, $30,000 from the City of Port Jervis, $27,000 for program administration and $5,164.06 allocated for program delivery costs including legal, architectural, engineering and other eligible services directly related to the FY2014 program.
- Scope of Services
Professional administrative and technical services, as required to implement and carry out the FY2014 CDBG program, should include, but not be limited, to the following scope of services:
- Grant preparation and citizen participation;
- Performance of the environmental records review (ERR) process and other tasks related to the certification and release of NYS CDBG funds;
- Complete program set-up;
- Complete program administration;
- Complete bookkeeping & recordkeeping;
- Preparation of all required reports and documents, as mandated by the NYS Office of Community Renewal (NYS OCR), U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), and the City of Port Jervis;
- Monitoring for compliance of National Objectives and federal and state program regulations including Davis-Bacon standards, Section 3 requirements, affirmative action, fair housing, and equal opportunity;
- Program close-out;
- All other services necessary for program administration, coordination, and completion; and
- Coordination with the City of Port Jervis, NYS OCR, Port Jervis City Common Council, Port Jervis community-at large, and any other group or agency connected with FY2014 program activities.
- Contents of Proposal
- Name of firm/company, address, telephone number, contact, and brief history of the firm/company;
- List of personnel that will handle program administration including an organizational flow chart and brief resumes of the individual staff persons;
- Prior CDBG experience in the years 1990 to present to include the types of services and program activities of your firm/company;
- Other non-CDBG Grant program administration experience; and
- Fixed fee price with a cost breakdown to include overhead (cost allocation plan), travel, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the City of Port Jervis in accordance with the following criteria:
- Prior CDBG and economic development grant experience of the firm/company;
- Qualifications of staff that will be actively involved with the project;
- Familiarity with locality and ability to address local needs including familiarity with population characteristics, past work accomplishments with the city, and flexibility and knowledge of CDBG programs;
- Availability – ability to provide access to qualified project team members on a continual basis;
- Competitiveness of fee proposal.
NOTE: The cost of service will be considered but will not be a primary selection criterion.
- Delivery of Proposals
Proposals will be addressed and/or hand-delivered to:
City of Port Jervis
Office of the City Clerk-Treasurer
P.O. Box 1002
20 Hammond Street
Port Jervis, New York 12771
Proposals must be received by 4:00 PM, local prevailing time, July 16, 2015. Proposal envelopes should be clearly labeled to:
- Identify that it is a sealed proposal
- Identify the name of the Bidder
- Identify the Project Name: FY2014 Small Cities CDBG Program – Administration Services.